Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Madeline's Moment

Today (Wednesday) was a busy day for Marce - shuffling girls to Latin, physics and piano. That was a good thing, since it didn't give her too much time to dwell on things. Tonight I interviewed Madeline, age 8, to see how she is feeling about her Mother's cancer. My questions are in black, and her answers are in hot pink!

Question: What gives you hope about Mommy's cancer?

Answer: I hope that the cancer has not made it into Mommy's lymph nodes. I hope that during Mommy's surgery that she doesn't wake up. I hope that Mommy will live happily.

Question: Do you know what cancer is?
Answer: I think it is like a bug inside of you that makes you get cancer.



Question: Do you know any other people who have had cancer?

Answer: Nana (Marc's mother) had cancer, and a friend of Mommy's (Maureen Furoy) whom she is getting together with tomorrow.


Question: How are those people doing today?

Answer: Nana is doing fine and Mrs Furoy is doing fine, I think.


Question: How would you like people to pray for Mommy?

Answer: I think they should pray that it will not get into the lymph nodes, and pray that she won't die.

Madeline

No comments: